Monday, April 27, 2009

It is always better to be overdressed than underdressed

My good pal Susan was visiting from Utah and we met up for breakfast at a place called 'The Naked Cafe". I was relieved to find out that it was not on Black's Beach. Susan informed me that "it has breakfast...the breakfast is nude. We should come clothed..." Glad I did. Now I see why it is always better to be overdressed than underdressed.

Okay, so knowing that naked here refers to natural and fresh, I expected to see things like this on the menu:

Morning Glory Pancakes
Three pancakes with oats, almonds, raisins & fresh strawberries

Fuzzy Monkey Pancakes
Three Pancakes with roasted grains and fresh bananas

Naked Cereal
Naked's blend of grains, almonds, a hint of brown sugar and raisins

(Obviously I did see those on the menu.) There were plenty of fruits and nuts on the menu just like the patrons that ate there.
My Naked experience was actually quite excellent. Susan and I split the following two meal items:

Coconut French Toast
Grilled with shredded coconut, topped with a fruit, puree & powdered sugar

Artichoke Scramble
Eggs, cheese, green onions and tomatoes served with herbed potatoes and toast

They were both quite flavorful and unique. After lovely conversation and that "healthy" meal, I went home and hugged a tree. It just felt right.

(Thanks for the visit Susan!)

No comments: