Our next interesting food find was from the Indian fry bread stand. We had a coupon for a free drink, so we chose the lemonade. After scarfing down a bite of some tasty fry bread I took a sip of some cold refreshing yellow liquid. Although tainted with a hint of lemon, the main flavor was...windex!?! Seriously folks. It was nasty. Like licking a sour mirror. We disposed of our free tonic prior to its depletion. Perhaps the lemonade had "turned" or been spiked. Let's hope it was, because if you think that tasted like lemonade, life must suck for you. (The next day at work I asked my coworker if alcohol tastes like windex. He said it tastes more along the lines of IPA or rubbing alcohol. Windex contains IPA. I looked it up. Dah-dah-duh. I might have been drunk off of skank lemonade. No wonder I love the fair.)
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Fair Food
I hope you know that we are smack-dab in the middle of San Diego Fair season. I love it. So much to do. So much to see. So much to eat.
This year the new thing at the fair is the zucchini weenie - that's right - a hot dog inside of a zucchini and all of it fried. I did not get to taste that anomaly. I did, however try the chocolate covered bacon. Two fantastic things should be even more fantastic together. The consensus? - Not delicious, but not disgusting either. They keep it refrigerated. It is basically salty/smoky chocolate. 
Our next interesting food find was from the Indian fry bread stand. We had a coupon for a free drink, so we chose the lemonade. After scarfing down a bite of some tasty fry bread I took a sip of some cold refreshing yellow liquid. Although tainted with a hint of lemon, the main flavor was...windex!?! Seriously folks. It was nasty. Like licking a sour mirror. We disposed of our free tonic prior to its depletion. Perhaps the lemonade had "turned" or been spiked. Let's hope it was, because if you think that tasted like lemonade, life must suck for you. (The next day at work I asked my coworker if alcohol tastes like windex. He said it tastes more along the lines of IPA or rubbing alcohol. Windex contains IPA. I looked it up. Dah-dah-duh. I might have been drunk off of skank lemonade. No wonder I love the fair.)
Our next interesting food find was from the Indian fry bread stand. We had a coupon for a free drink, so we chose the lemonade. After scarfing down a bite of some tasty fry bread I took a sip of some cold refreshing yellow liquid. Although tainted with a hint of lemon, the main flavor was...windex!?! Seriously folks. It was nasty. Like licking a sour mirror. We disposed of our free tonic prior to its depletion. Perhaps the lemonade had "turned" or been spiked. Let's hope it was, because if you think that tasted like lemonade, life must suck for you. (The next day at work I asked my coworker if alcohol tastes like windex. He said it tastes more along the lines of IPA or rubbing alcohol. Windex contains IPA. I looked it up. Dah-dah-duh. I might have been drunk off of skank lemonade. No wonder I love the fair.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I LOVE fairs. I especially love the Del Mar Fair. We've been to small small small county fairs here, which are fun, but nothing like SD. I'm a little disappointed you didn't try the zucchini weenie.
Zuccinni weaners sound gross.
Post a Comment