In our church, we don't have custodians that clean the churches, instead the members have the "opportunity" to clean the church. Our ward begins as early as 7:30AM on Saturday morning! I went this morning and my hands still stink like the rubber gloves I wore. P.S. Girls are dirty! The bathrooms were oober gross this morning.
A few months ago I was assigned to dust the Relief Society room. I was wiping down the chairs and then moved to the piano to find that there where a bunch of sticky red fingerprints on the keys. It looked like a little kid was halfway through eating a jam sandwich and then decided to play the piano with it instead. I went into the hall to get some window cleanser and papertowel. I got the papertowel but the cleansers were being used by people cleaning the windows. I found someone with some cleanser and asked for him to squirt my papertowel for me. He literally gave me one squirt. I looked at the minimally damp papertowel and at him and decided not to bother asking for more. I took what I was given and hoped it would get the gunk off the keys. Back in the RS room I cleaned the keys (making beautiful music as I didso). There had been just enough cleanser to get the job done. Then I looked down at the piano seat to see the smears of red goo there! Ugh. I didn't want to bother hunting down someone for one more shot of cleanser, so I spat onto the bench and wiped it down. That is right folks. I spit-shined the piano bench in the RS room at my church. It looked good and shiny when I was done with it.
(I can post this now that the bench has recently been cleaned with some real cleanser.)
Next post: Elbow Grease...
1 comment:
You are awesome. Maybe you should quit your job, come live with me (you'd have to sleep on my couch), and clean my house in exchange for room and board. (I bought a roomba, so you wouldn't have to vacuum or sweep....just spit shine stuff.)
Post a Comment