Monday, April 26, 2010

Hangover

I dragged myself to work today, tired and sluggish. The lights hurt my eyes. I couldn't even remember the weekend. Then it hit me. The sugar-high I had been on since Saturday had come to a screeching halt.

Saturday night I had attended a Cake Party. Yeah, it is exactly what it sounds like. A bunch of people brought over cakes and we indulged in 6 different concoctions. I made Chocolate Bacon Cupcakes for the occasion. We also had Red Velvet cake balls, Lady Baltimore cake, Dark Chocolate Orange cake, Lemon cake and Andes Mint cake. All were heavenly in their own right.

Sunday I had some for breakfast...and again for dessert in the evening, and by the time Monday morning rolled around..oye!

What is the cure for a hangover? Water or something? In my case, I think a healthy dose of spinach and sweat will do.

1 comment:

Lambini said...

Insulin...sometimes I secretly wish I was a tinge diabetic, so I could cure myself of overwhelming sugar highs with just a little shot....then the next day sugar downer wouldn't be so hard...hang in there.

I recommend, instead of the binge...keep it a constant high. Cupcake at your lab desk, cupcake at your nightstand, cupcake in your car....Mmmmmm. I'm craving one of your bacon cupcakes!