Monday, May 5, 2008

!Mira!

Today at work we had a Cinco de Mayo celebration with a catered lunch (mmm...beans and rice) and Hispanic dancers. I spent lunch trilling and hooting at the entertainment. I was so in the spirit of the day that I called my sister, speaking only Spanish. (It was a short conversation.) When I got home I made my first batch of mango salsa this year. Although the tomatoes were sub par (a little bland and mealy), the mangos were perfectly ripe and sweet. I slap together tomatoes, mango, onions, green peppers, serrano chiles, cilantro, a hint of lime, and salt to taste. It is sweet and hot and so stink'n good!

My chips of choice are the Tostitos Scoops. Indeed, they are perfectly scoopable.

I could pretty much live off this stuff!

2 comments:

Lambini said...

i so remember this...ah jw!

alisa and sometimes brandon said...

JW's INfamous mango salsa! I distinctly remember our first summer at La Scala making salsa at least 3 times a week. YUM