After a little more rushing around the lab I went to lunch with Gail. It is a good day when "The Place" is involved. I tried the tuna today, but I don't recommend it. I am too much in love with the iron man (chicken, honey mustard, sprouts, tomato and avocado on toasted sourdough bread, AKA heaven). I also had a peach/banana smoothie to wash that tuna down.
After lunch Gail was driving us back to work and we stopped at a park. It was El Camino
Memorial park and Mortuaries. Yep a cemetery. We drive past this cemetery all of the time and see the bells (that I claim I am going to go ring one day), but I always miss the entrance. Upon seeing the sign for the cemetery for the umpteenth time, she pulled in. We drove around the grounds oohing and
awing at the landscaping and "views". Gail picked out where she would like to be buried unless she can afford a family mausoleum. I saw the bells but I didn't see how to ring them. I almost started to throw rocks at them to get a chime.All along the road through the cemetery were these fake hollowed tree stumps. What the heck? Were they used to hold gardening equipment? I stuck my head out the open window and looked inside one of them. They are actually garbage cans! Genius! I think they would look quite fashionable in "parks" of every caliber.
1 comment:
I loved that turkey story, it was great to have you give me a turkey five!
Post a Comment