Sunday, November 9, 2008

Accent Appeal

I have been watching the HSN* in the mornings before work...and sometimes after work.... They had some Christmas items on sale by Colin Cowie. I don't exactly know who Colin is, but from what I can gather, he is a male version of Martha Stewart. However, I enjoy him immensely because of his accent. I love it! Take a listen.



I had trouble placing where his accent is from. Is it European? Australian? Austrian? And then it hit me! The Saint! He has the accent of Val Kilmer as Thomas More, the martyr, the poet.

And all this time I thought Val was making up that accent! Au Contraire! Val is an excellent actor. Heck of a job Val! Heck of an accent Colin!

* HSN - Home Shopping Network
And no, I haven't ordered anything on there...yet.

2 comments:

3703 said...

Val is part indian so that is where the accent comes from.

alisa and sometimes brandon said...

Our neighbor frequently receives packages from the HSN and QVC - the double whammy. We live in a building mostly of hermits, so it's not that surprising...although I didn't know people actually purchased items from either of those shows. I thought it was a mob front or something.

Oh Val. Sigh.