Saturday, February 28, 2009

Curses!

I went to Henry's today to get some Asparagus ($0.88/lb!!!) and the gentleman at the checkout counter had on a full-fingered ring much like this one. He wore it on his right ring finger. It has hinges so you can bend your finger, but the tip on it is much longer than a finger. I suppose it is gothic or something. I personally find it kind of eerie. Why would you go to the trouble? It seems like such a hastle to wear! Is it not inconvenient to have a huge claw on your hand as you are trying to work? Is it a fashion statement or doesn't have some association to a "club" of sorts?
I watched him ring up some cantalope for the lady in front of me.
When it was my turn to check out, I swiped my card debit card and then chatted with the cashier for a bit. I asked him if he had ever punctured fruit with his ring while he was working. He said no. To which I responded that he must be talented. At that point the check-out screen began to flash that my debit card was rejected (and no, I am not bankrupt). He told me it was because I talked smack about his ring. Talk about CREEEEEPY! I smiled, but I think he may have put a hex on me.

Because I haven't written out my will, I, being of somewhat sound mind do hereby leave my sister her dresser, bookshelf and DVD player (that I have been borrowing for 2 1/2 years) and all DVDs in my collection, and my vacuum or the money she can get from the sale thereof, if I die in my sleep tonight. And please sing "Lead Kindly Light" at my funeral.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Jenny - FOR REALS - you are the funniest person I have ever known. I can just imagine you chatting it up with weird ring cashier dude. I think you should move out here so I can participate in these experiences and write about them on my blog!

rachel said...

Ha! Have you seen Beyonce's hand ring/glove? I suggest NOT telling the cashier about it...he might be sporting it the next time you see him :)

Allison said...

First of all....I am glad that i can check your blog again (those rat brains really grossed me out). I am jealous you can shop at Henrys, even if it is a life threatening experience

3703 said...

All you have to your name is your sisters dresser?