Sunday, February 28, 2010

Intense!!!

Did you hear about the fire at the circus? It was intense (in tents)!

Speaking of intense, there has been some intense weather in the last week. (Tsunamis? Wha?)

Let me remind you that I have lived in San Diego since 2001. It doesn't snow here. Heck, it barely rains. I am a wuss.

Saturday I spent the afternoon in traffic, driving through torrential rainfall on my way to Bakersfield. (Yes, I stopped by Sonic.) At times the winds and rain were so heavy that I wanted to pluck out my eyes because of the strain of looking for the lines in the road. That coupled with last weekend's mountain-top fog-blanket really has me freaked. Last week up in Running Springs, the fog was a thick blanket veiling everything but a foot or so in front of you. I was sitting in the back seat of a jeep with a cliff to one side wondering if we were about to plummet off.

How the heck am I ever going to survive real life outside of San Diego's weather bubble anomaly?

No comments: