Sunday, February 14, 2010

My remedy for sleepless nights!!!

Never a boyscout, but always a fan of their motto - be prepared, I have lived with a certain fear for years now. How often have we been told to be prepared in all things? Have money in a savings account for a rainy day, food storage, even spiritual reserves. All that is fine and well, but that narrow possibility that I may need to flee the country at a moments notice has been weighing on my mind for years now! Well, I can finally sleep at night! I got a passport!

And yes, the picture in it is hideous, as one would imagine it would be. My roommate and I figured that we will look harried and tired when traveling, so yeah, they will be able to recognize me by my photo.

And for those of you who really wanted a remedy for sleepless nights, I have a few suggestions: take a bath in Epsom salts before bed. Try a tablespoon of honey in some warm milk/water, a piece of toast or dill seed before bed. Do a bit of yoga stretching and meditation before hitting the hay.

Sleep well! I know I will.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

and where do you think you're going missy?

Jay-Dub said...

Oh, well, I am planning a trip to Egypt, Jerusalem, Greece in the fall. Maybe I will swing by and see you on the way!

rachel said...

I have never had a drink of alcohol in my entire life, yet I look super drunk in my passport photo. I think it's a rule that you have to look nasty.