Sunday, January 9, 2011

Goals...not the soccer kind

Ah. The new year. We all know that this time of year comes with new goals and resolutions. Along with the universal resolve to exercise, a lot of talk has been going around about developing new talents or even rekindling old talents.

Maybe I should pick up an Etch-a-sketch again.

Over Christmas break I found this in a box. It has been shaken a bit, but you can faintly see the outline of a groovy man (in bell-bottom pants and curly hair - hence the groovy) standing next to a leafy tree with a bench near and a partially cloudy/sunny sky. I probably etched this one 9 or 10 years ago.
The next picture is from 6 or 7 years ago when I etched a portrait for a service auction. My only problem is, what the heck good is a crumby talent like this? Perhaps God used it to draw the construction of the earth.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Memories of my dear friend's talent!!!! Feel free to get on my blog, find cute pics of my kids, then etch and sketch them. Then, photograph your etchings and sketchings and sell them back to me. (I can't pay you much now, but when I'm rich and you are famous, I'll pay you more.)

Sally said...

What the...!!!!!!! I'm totally amazed by this! I could never even make a good circle with those things. I always knew you were a star!

emily said...

Wow...I didn't even know an Etch-a-Sketch had that kind of capability. You are truly a rockstar! I'm very impressed!

Allison said...

um...I am beyond impressed by your skills!