When I am old and wear gaudy jewelry and drive a Jaguar, I am going to have a gardener named Gipping who will bring me fresh roses for the hall table every morning, even if he is tired and crotchety.
I love fresh flowers (more than dead or fake ones - to clarify for the daft). They have the splendid power of brightening a place up - no matter where you are. They could brighten up a drab waiting room, a depressing grave site, or even a harsh jail cell. Perhaps the unrelenting gloom of going to the DMV or standing in line at the post office would be reduced if they were partnered with a florist and had flowers strewn about. Uncanny, isn't it?
These tulips had the pleasure of being in my cubicle at work for a few days and now they have a lovely home in my bedroom. I know what you are thinking, if only you were as lucky as these tulips. Well, if your name is Gipping, you still have a chance.
3 comments:
OOooooh, I want some gorgeous flowers too...perhaps i might hire gipping's brother, he may also have needs to deliver pretty tulips to make one smile. what do you think?
On the flip-side, does it matter the particular flower? I have often pondered whether that would make a difference in the impression of receiving such greatness. Like, does it have to be a "Bush" of flowers, or does one simple flower to the same trick? Does one become rejuvenated by the token or does one need more than a mere floral arrangement to get the same lasting impression and excitement? These question I pose in hopes to discover more about the "floral movement".
Thrilled to be included among "fellow bloggers," more thrilled to stumble upon the Jay-Dub blog, and horrified to see my last name on display to the World Wide Web!
Hellooooo anonymity!
Eek! And comment moderation... Let's see if this one clears the censors...
No one reads this thing anyway Evro, however I did remedy my internet faux pas. I even posted your comment. Congrats on clearing the censors.
Post a Comment