Through very devious means (eyes were poked, hair was pulled) I won a crock pot at my work's white elephant party. (Retail price: $16.98 at Walmart - obviously not top o' the line, but never been used.)
After yesterday's worldwide leadership training all about "Building up a Righteous Posterity" and the brief mention of the use of homemaking skills to make a home a place of love, I decided to whip up some love in the crock pot.
I woke up early this morning (Sunday) and prepared the stew and then before leaving the house at 9:10 AM I turned on the crock. Apparently Walmart's bottom of the line Crockpots do not have lights to ensure that the thing is on, just a few settings on a dial - off, keep warm, low, and high. I cranked the knob to low and shutting the kitchen door behind me, I prayed that modern science would prevail and I would have a hot meal in 10 hours.
After a long day at work, I mean church, I returned home to the wonderful smells of a working crock pot. Its debut proved that obtaining it was undeniably worth breaking my nail over. My roommates had gone for a walk as I slaved away in the kitchen. I added some potatoes to the stew and baked up some orange rolls. I tossed a salad and waited for my honored guests to arrive. Bry came over with some homemade heart-shaped biscuits. That's right homemakers, fresh heart-shaped biscuits to have with the stew.
It was a tasty meal indeed. All rejoiced. Compliments were tossed around like pillows at a sleepover. I had worked hard. Opening all of those packages was tough.
Next time someone wonders if I can cook, you just go ahead and point them to this blog. Enough said.
2 comments:
Dude! That meal looked awesome! Kudos on the presentation. I can't say for the taste but I happen to know you're a good cook so I bet it was yummy!!!
i wish i could come!
Post a Comment