Friday, April 18, 2008

Hob-nobbing

Besides being a scientist in the lab, one of my duties at work is to order HPLC columns. I deal with consignment stock and the HPLC Specialists associated therein. We order from several companies. Wednesday one of the companies we order from had a representative from Massachusetts and one from Los Angeles come to take me out to lunch. It was in appreciation for dealing with the consignment and being such a great client to them. Just me and the two men. Eating lunch on their company's credit card. That is the life. I got a free pen to boot.

2 comments:

Lambini said...

hahaha. you tell 'em who is the best! I love that you got to schmooz with the two men...lucky lady!

alisa and sometimes brandon said...

How 'bout the free pen 'eh! I'd like to think one day someone will want/need to schmooz me for my skills, but I don't think that happens very often in my generally thankless line of work. Go JW the Scientist! That's pretty freaking sweet.