Tuesday, April 15, 2008

They call me Triple X

Today was my work's Annual Bowling Tournament.
I was in the lab slaving away in the morning when an e-mail was sent to the girls on the first floor (scientists) from the girls on the second floor (administration). They want to challenge us to a game of Family Feud in a couple of weeks. Upstairs girls vs. downstairs girls. Survey audience would be the men in the company. Gail said she signed up with the phrase "and the survey says" after her name. I said, "Then sign me up as Jay-dub aka XXX". (I don't expect to have the same mind set as the men in the company. Example: Name something you do in bed besides eat. My answer: Eat crackers vs. Men's answer: I don't know, but I bet it is not eat crackers.) Not ten minutes went by and someone came into the lab saying, "I heard you are going to be getting nothing but strikes and turkeys today, with a nick-name like triple X. I can't wait to see you bowl!"
And that, my friends, is how rumors get started.
We left work at noon and met over at the bowling alley - Mira Mesa Bowl. We were divided into teams of 3 or 4. Prizes go to best personal game, highest team score, etc. Too bad my team didn't have a cut-throat attitude. I could have shown them a thing or two. I had highest score on my team the first game.
(I pulled a 109 that first game and it was all downhill from there. My teammate Sheen mopped the floor with me the next two games. Overall high score was 237 by Nick. Yay yay yay for him.) It was a fabulous afternoon!
I spent a lot of time studying people's bowling techniques. Some do have such poise and grace, others are awkward lummoxes. I classify as a graceful lummox.
(This is a picture of my 2008 Bowling team - Aldwin, me and Sheen)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lambini said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lambini said...

Triple XXX!! that is the newest and greatest nickname I have heard yet. But i think i will still stick with j-dubb ( I have my pride ). lol. Your blog reminded me of how awesome you are at bowling. I am lucky to get over a 100, you turkey! I'm sure there are bowling places in the city, i've yet to go...i'll let you know how they measure up to the one in kearny mesa. woop woop!