Saturday, October 25, 2008

American Measurements

Oh, how I wish we used the metric system! In America we throw around words like, couple, few, several, buttload, many, a lot, etc. But how much are we really talking about?

Thanks to this video entitled "The Buttload Debuncle" one of life's mysteries has been solved.

4 comments:

rachel said...

Good call J-Dub, but I have to say that my personal definition of a buttload is anything above 15. You're cute :)

3703 said...

I think he is using a flawed system. If you order one combo and ask for a buttload of ketchup then you will get a proportioned buttload. I think buttload is relative in that regard to what is needed.

If you have a party of 400 ppl you can still you the term 'buttload' for the amount of ketchup that you'll need.

If you have a party of 5 and you need a 'buttload' of ketchup the term still holds true.

So is 15 the minimum? Is that per person?

Jay-Dub said...

Gee wiz 8149! Why must you be so difficult? Agreed that a buttload may be relative. Obviously if you were having a party of 400 people, small ketchup packages would not be the way to go. You would likely opt for ketchup bottles and even a "buttload" there may not be necessary.

Alex said...

It seems like he was getting a "grip" of packets because they all fit in one hand. Maybe they have small butts where they are from so a "buttload" there is like a handful here.