Monday, January 19, 2009

A Month in Little TJ

I just got back from a months stay in Concord. It is in the San Francisco Bay Area and it is where I grew up. Parts of it have turned into a Mexican village. There are carnicerias and panederias and rancheros and Mexicans on every corner. Here are some pictures I took from my car window.

Here are some Authentic Concord Mexicans milling around outside a check cashing joint...lounging outside of a thrift store...

loitering outside of a boot barn...

and waiting for a bus... Bienvenidos a Concord! La Tia Juana del Norte! Viva Concord! Viva Concord! Viva Concord!

3 comments:

lisa c. said...

I love it and so recognize those places!! It's true, you drive down toward Pleasant Hill down Galindo/Concord Ave and it's fantastico!

Bry said...

ha ha! the blonde girl belongs in other other little TJ aka San Diego! Missed ya!

Aubri said...

Wow...those pictures make good old Concord look really ghetto :)