Saturday, March 1, 2008

Being Green

(Sorry, this post is not about recycling or saving the earth, although you should do it.)
Today is the first day of the rest of ...March. The month of March is fabo. Things are green and fresh. The ice plant and other foliage on the freeways begin to bloom which makes sitting in traffic almost a delight since the scenery is gorgeous, (however flying past the freeway foliage at 80 mph, er...60?mph will always be more delightful). Yay yay yay for March.
Yesterday was leap day. An extra 24 hours you only get once every four years! I was hoping to take over the world or time travel or solve the global warming crisis, but much to my dismay the day came and went and I am still in the same boat (which is slowly sinking). One little gem that made my leap day outstanding was that our stake was having a 24-hour stake temple-a-thon. The temple would remain open all night long and from 8pm Friday night to 8pm Saturday night our stake was to fill the temple. Our YSA ward was assigned the 12:30, 2:30 and 4:30am sessions. Insanity. I love to sleep and doubted I could stay awake past midnight. With a 45 minute nap in the back of my car before hitting two sessions and I stayed awake until 3am. Amazing for me, really.

Someone recently told me they know I don't particularly care about how I look (as may be evidenced by the photo). I beg to differ. I was really concerned that the green hair would clash with my purple shirt.

1 comment:

Lambini said...

oDid you dye it, or is it a wig? Caraziness!!

So you stayed up late, way to go chap! should have called me when you left the temple, i was just getting up...sheesh! jk.