Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Hygiene Shmygiene

Today in the lab, the topic came up of working in shifts. The question was posed, "Would you be willing to work 4am-noon?" I said it would be rough, and I wouldn't shower before work, I would shower at night instead. The three other people in the lab said they already do shower at night, not in the morning. Wha? So I exited the lab and took a poll. I asked everyone I passed, even management. Do you shower at night or in the morning? The result was surprising to me. Out of 20 people polled: 6 showered at night, 10 shower in the morning, and 4 shower at both times or alternated between the two (or not at all).
I suppose I didn't realize so many people shower at night! I know my neighbors shower in the morning when I shower because they flush the toilet and turn on the shower every
morning while I am in it and I get the pleasure of being scalded and frozen everyday. Maybe I should make the switch. Here is to you night showerers!
(I explained to someone at work that I shower in the morning because if I shower at night I have a horrible case of bed-head/hair. My hair is unmanageable the morning after. That someone looked at me and replied, "So you showered last night then?" Ha.)

1 comment:

alisa and sometimes brandon said...

I always shower in the morning (I, too, have a bed head problem) and also usually at night if I've gone to the gym.

I never knew about night-showerers until one random day...several years ago... Strange breed. ;)l