Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Your bloom'n accent is making my nose bleed



Since I got back from Utah, I have had nosebleeds every few days. What the? As a slight hypochondriac I was wondering what disease I could possibly have. Here is what I found:

Nosebleed / Epistaxis Information
Nosebleeds occur when there is bleeding from the internal blood
vessels of the nose. Children have nosebleeds on a more regular basis than adults because they are more likely to stick fingers and other objects into their noses. Children also have thinner mucous membranes in the lining of the nose.

Nosebleeds are most commonly related to some type of damage to the internal nose tissue. Causes may include excessive or hard blowing of the nose; inserting a foreign object, including fingers, into the nose; changes in air pressure, altitude or weather; and excessive heat and dryness.

When nosebleeds occur frequently, they may be a sign of an illness or medical condition, including arteriosclerosis / atherosclerosis , high blood pressure / hypertension, malaria, scarlet fever, sinusitis, typhoid fever,
hemophilia, leukemia, thrombocytopenia, aplastic anemia, liver disease, the use of drugs that may thin the blood, high estrogen levels and vitamin deficiency.

Of all of the scenarios listed above, I hope I have nosebleeds because of the weather...although I don't think San Diego is considered dry. Makes me wonder if I have malaria or typhoid fever. Or maybe I am just child-like! Yikes!

I have five little fingers on one little hand, I have six on the other, I don't understand. Through all the long hours 'til daylight is through, I have one little finger with nothing to do.
Hmmm...